At Home Services
The Homestead HOPE Foundation recognizes that some seniors may need help and support to stay in their homes. That's where Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) can help. HCBS providers can offer everything from help with the chores, to health care services. These services also offer caregivers help in the form of support and a much-deserved break from their duties. Our database of senior resources connects seniors with these necessary and available services.
Adult Day Services (ADS)
ADS provides support services to seniors in a safe setting during the day. Some are designed especially for people with Alzheimer's disease.
Home Health Care Services
Home Health Care Services offer additional help during recovery from illness or surgery. These services include part-time nursing, personal care, help with chores, medical supplies or equipment and different kinds of therapies (i.e. physical, occupational, speech).
Hospice programs are well known for their care and services offered to people who are dying and their families. Hospice care is provided wherever the patient calls “home”, whether it’s their own home, personal care homes, group homes, assisted living facilities, or nursing facilities. It can also be provided in a hospital or in-patient hospice unit.
Other At-Home Services
• Congregate Meal Programs: Often sponsored by senior centers or housing communities, these programs offer free or
low-cost meals to seniors in group settings.
• Financial Counseling Programs: Participants in these programs get help balancing a checkbook, filing taxes and filling out Medicare/Medicaid forms.
• Friendly Visiting: Volunteers visit and check on a person at his or her home.
• Homemaker or Chore Services: These services provide assistance with common household chores as well as harder tasks like washing windows or shoveling snow.
• Personal Care Services: Bathing and dressing are just a few of the services offered.
• Transportation Services: These services help people get to and from shopping centers, medical appointments, senior centers and other places.
• Doctors At-Home: Doctors provide medical visits in the patient’s home or facility.
• Pharmacy Delivery Services: If qualified, medications may be delivered to patient.
• Medicare Assistance Programs: If certain criteria is met, Medicare may cover in-home visits by Doctors, Nurses and
Home Health Aides.
• There are many more programs Casino Spinia that seniors may not know exist!
Sponsors of the Homestead HOPE Foundation enrich the lives of seniors and their families everyday by making sure they have information about these services. Our hotline and consultants are there to guide them and steer them in the right direction to get the resources they need and provide peace of mind for their families.